Friday, December 16, 2011

Swapping Cookies, Drinking Coco

So one of my most favorite things to do is entertain and host parties. I mean I’m not Martha Stewart or anything, let’s face it I live in seminary housing and on a ministry budget,. None the less, I take the small things and make them special. So this week I hosted a Christmas dinner and cookie swap for some sweet friends and I thought I would share.

The décor was easy because our little apartment is all decorated for Christmas (see previous post) but I made sure to use all the red and festive plates and platters I had.

Menu: Winter salad with Pecans and craisins
            Herb encrusted Pork Tenderloin with Parsley chimichurri or marsala mustard sauce
            Loaded mashed potato bake
            Cranberry cobbler

yummy potatoes

our two sauces (yes that's Kraft dressing don't judge me)


Our hot chocolate bar, all the fixings to mix into the HOMEMADE (uh huh) hot chocolate

Winter salad, festive and yummy

Cobbler you want to put your face in

the half eaten cobbler we all indulged in, and all the cookies the friends brought to share!

Hope your holidays are filled with fun, stress free, not so extravagent, probably copied from pintrest, Christmas parties!

No comments:

Post a Comment