Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The lies I believe

I am thankful for blogs. Not only because they give me great ideas about how to decorate a one day home and throw a great party but because somehow through words on a page, and nothing else, I feel like I have friendships with these women who share their stories over their blogs. I realize some of that statement sounds a bit sad, my friends are people I have never met, but it is a reality in this season of my life.
I am especially thankful this week for the blogs that I follow because I have seen a common thought being addressed in their pages, a thought that has been prevalent in my life for some time now. That’s the beauty of women I guess, good or bad, we all in some way struggle through the same seasons at some point in life. For me this season recently has been plagued with lies of the enemy and the demon of perfection knocking on my thoughts and heart.
Emily, over at Chatting at the Sky said it perfectly yesterday, check out her post here http://www.chattingatthesky.com/2011/11/07/good-girls-come-full-circle-2/
The lie is that perfection is necessary and that every small or large misstep in life is failure. If I don’t clear all the papers off my desk before 5:00, I have failed at my job. If I don’t cook a full, hot and healthy meal for my husband each night I have failed as a wife. If my laundry isn’t perfectly folded and put away with no traces of dishes in my kitchen (except for the perfectly displayed ones that are part of my décor) then I have failed as a homemaker.
The weight of perfection is stifling. But where the Spirit of the Lord is there is liberty. Freedom is fresh and open to those who will embrace it.
It is hard to embrace freedom when your hands are full of expectations.
Praying freedom in my heart, mind, hands and feet will come soon. Only through Christ is this possible.
What lies are you believing today?
side note: i strongly recommend Emily Freeman's new book :Grace for the Good Girl
side note 2: i am a failure at blogging because i never include pictures :) sorry I am a word girl

No comments:

Post a Comment