Saturday, October 1, 2011

Day 1 of Words that Inspire

I love words. That may sound silly but it is true. In fact, in every room of my house there is something on the wall that has words. I surround myself with them. My most recent project was a collection of pictures over the sofa, each picture has words.
 Forgive the white walls we are renters :)

Words to me are like markers, they mark moments in time, stories, memories, lessons. Words can be as powerful as smells when it comes to evoking a memory in you. Yet as powerful as they are we use them so cheaply sometimes. Think about how many words are spoken in a day around the world. They are our life line, our main source of communication. They have the power to build up, tear down, share love, spread hate, engage others, or shatter others.

These next 31 days I am going to share with you words that have shaped my life and serve as memories or blessing to me. Our first word of the series?
Word
No I'm not cheating first of all because this is my blog and i can do what i want, but secondly because I am talking about Word with a capital W. The Word. John 1:1-5:

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. 5 The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

John 1:14
14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. 

The Word is Christ. HE became flesh and dwelt among us. HE was in the beginning with God.

What better way to start our 31 days then with the beginning? Do you know the one who came to dwell among men to save them? The one who was fully man and fully God? HE is the Word. HE is your Word. He can mark every moment and give power to every thought. He can define the misunderstood and give life to the undefined.

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome. I can't wait to see your inspiring words. I have words all over my house too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why you like words, because there is power in them.

    ReplyDelete